Monday, April 19, 2010

Happy Birthday, Honey!

This week the Creative Card Crew challenge was all about Birthdays. Well, we always need birthday cards so why not? Except then I started thinking about the kind of birthday card and realized hubby's birthday is only weeks away. Oh dear, haven't even thought about thinking about what to get him. And then I came across Tuesday Taggers challenge to use balloons and cake. Perfect! Hubby loves it when I use balloons on his card. Eventually I looked at Becky's blog and found this idea.

With this inspiration.

Don't the lanterns look like balloons? To me they do and so this was born.

Add some glitter and all is good. He'll love it. The cake stamp is from Stampin Up and the sentiment is from Stampendous.

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous card and extra great that it is a man's card! Thank you for sharing with us at TT this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that little glittered edge, wonderful touch, and how happy with all the balloons. I like the way you had all the outside squares and then the cake in the middle, nice framing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is FAB! I love those balloons! Thanks for joining us at TT again this week x Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this is brilliant!!!
    Blessings,Maria

    ReplyDelete