Saturday, November 13, 2010

Peace

It's that time again. Another challenge over at Papercraft Star. This week the challenge was a photo inspiration challenge which normally I love. However, this particular one was a bit, well, challenging. A summer photo from Martha Stewart Living that was to be used as inspiration for a holiday card. Here's the photo that made me think of nothing to do with the holidays.

When I first looked at the photo I saw pale blue and white with sandy shells, large flowers, and got a calm vibe from it. So, I went with what I felt pulling in the other aspects that stuck out to me.

I went with the sandy feel using just a hint of white because it felt a bit warmer (and calmer) to me. I also used flock on the flowers so they would feel more natural and I curled the paper to give them more life.

Thanks for looking.

Supplies: Stamps-Gina K.(flower), PTI(sentiment), Paper-Bazzil, Flock-Doodlebug, Ink-Ranger Distressed inks

4 comments:

  1. I never before realized the similarity between starfish and poinsettias - how clever and very unique. Beautiful, beautiful card. Thanks for playing this week at Papercraft Star - hope to continue to see your talent with us !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you...the photo has such a calming feeling to it and your card illustrates that feeling beautifully! I love it's simplicity and the color combination is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're getting a vote from me! I think this is a beautiful card...

    Trina

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is absolutley GORGEOUS!! You did an amazing job! I love the soft feel and the poinsettias are beautiful! I am so glad you joined us this week at Papercraft Star!

    Regan

    ReplyDelete