Sunday, June 13, 2010

Just because...

Don't you just love it when something comes together beautifully all by chance? I saw the sketch on the Papertake Weekly Challenge blog and it spoke to me so off to the art room I went. I had wanted to see if these sheer materials I have (and have used on cards) would work as a border or accent instead of a whole background and these sketch sent me straight to them. As I was looking at my choices I decided I liked this one best for today.



I started wondering if I had a coordinating stamp - some kind of flower that would at least "go" with the ones on the material. And what do you know? Yes, I do. They look almost like they were made to go together. Happiness. And in my favorite colors too!

The stamp was bought awhile ago unmounted, I don't know from where. The sentiment is from Papertrey's Damask Designs. The background is embossed with an old Fiskars embossing plate. As a side note, hubby bought these for me and I refuse to discourage him so I keep them and use them despite other, more current options. It was then brushed with white ink.

Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment