Thursday, July 29, 2010

For my son

Every year it happens. I make the cards to send to everyone and do all the other Christmas "chores" only to realize on Christmas Eve (or maybe the day before) that I have once again forgotten to make my family cards. Every year. Normally I can pull something together for the hubs, but I have never gotten my act together enough to make my son a card. I know, I know. Don't say it. Don't even think it. I feel bad about it every year. This is the year. THIS is the year because I thought ahead and got the card done. Yes, he will get a card this Christmas because it is sitting in the art room waiting for Christmas. Here it is:



My little boy loves trains so this image is perfect. Once again I don't know who made it. I'm pretty sure I found it in a clearance bin at a stamp convention one year. He also loves buttons. He claims mine all the time and anything he makes for his friends or teachers is loaded with them. Ribbon is another big thing for him. He is always asking me if I'm going to use this or that piece of ribbon and if he can have it. I don't know why, I just embrace it. I'm so happy it's done and he will not be left out of the card part of Christmas this year.

Challenges:
Paper Cutz - Wheels
Christmas Stampin' All Year - Buttons and Bows
Anjillic Creations - First Annual Christmas in July Challenge
Tuesday Taggers - Christmas in July

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. Hehe. I usaully forget to make birthday cards for my kids, but I manage to pull something off everytime. Glad they only 3 and littleone gonna be 2 in few month, I get away with it at the moment.
    Fab creation. Cute little train.Thanks playing along with TT this week
    hugs
    Ildiko

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good approach to get hub's card done! This is adorable and you did a great card for the Christmas Stampin' challenge this week. Thanks for playing along. Peggy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is adorable! Your coloring is great. TFS :)

    michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card! Thank you for playing along with us at Christmas Stampin All Year Long! Hope you'll play along with us again!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Georgie! Thank you so much for playing along with my Christmas in July Challenge! I'm happy to have you and your sweet card for your son taking part! Isn't it a great feeling that you *already* have his card done? I like the sheer ribbon you used (I use sheer a lot myself) and the buttons, not to mention the cute train. It reminds me of that children's book, The Little Train That Could!

    ReplyDelete